For emergencies when closed, please dial 111 to contact the NHS111 service
About Two Year Old Funding | Care and Support in Cornwall
Do you have a two year old?
If so, then you could be eligible for a free early education place. Your 2 year old could access up to 570 hours of early learning funding, used at ‘good’ or ‘outstanding’ Ofsted rated childcare providers.
This funding can be accessed in several ways:
- Up to 15 hours per week over 38 weeks of the year (term time only)
- You can stretch your 2 year old funding to cover school holidays, for example use 11 hours over 51 weeks of the year. (Please note that you may not receive the full entitlement if you use the stretch option).
- You can bank some of the hours to use at a time that is best for you. So, reduce your hours for some weeks of the year to build up spare hours to use at another time.
All of these options depend upon the childcare provider’s vacancies and other circumstances such as opening times; so all will require a discussion with the provider first.
Prescription charges will increase from 1st April 2018. A single prescription item will cost £8.80.
We have some new interventions at Lander Medical Practice arriving soon!
1) Cafe Chaos will be opening on the ground floor with tasty food and staff trained in counselling support - a resource for all attending the Surgery.
2) New Social Connector position in collaboration with the Council - extending the range of services we can offer and especially to try and combat social isolation and physical inactivity.
3) Care Co-Ordinator post helping to improve care for those on the edge of needing hospital and those due to come home.
EXPERT PATIENT PROGRAMME
The Expert Patient Programme is a Free Course now available for anyone living with a long-term health condition in Cornwall. This course is an opportunity for patients to understand pain and fatigue and to learn how to manage these symptoms. Please click below for further information. The Expert Patient Programme website contains a copy of the booking form should you wish to take part in this programme. If you have any queries please contact Elaine Curno, 01579 373 500 or 07824 598 626.
Are you eligible for a shingles vaccination? On the 1st September will you be aged 70, 71, 72, 78 or 79?? If so, please contact the surgery to book your appointment. If you are aged 73 to 77 you will be invited during the next season for the catch up programme.
The Practice is offering a free text messaging service. If you wish to receive appointment reminders, please make sure we have your mobile number.
FRIENDS & FAMILY TEST
HEALTH PROMOTION UPDATES
We update your health promotion information annually. You can let us know this information by clicking on the photo below and completing the attached form. Should you wish to check your blood pressure, please either make an appointment with one of the Phlebotomists or alternatively you can use the blood pressure machine which can be found in the main waiting room by reception.
PATIENT PARTICIPATION GROUP
We are very lucky here at Lander to have a group of patients who have come together to form this representative group. Their aim is to develop a really positive and constructive relationship between patients, our Practice and the community it serves. Click on the tab on the right to see who they are and what they are doing. Applications to join the Group are most welcome.
Updated April 2018