We are expanding our workforce, and require Medical Receptionists for the Lander Medical Practice. Previous experience preferred, but training given to suitable candidate. Keyboard skills, a pleasant telephone manner and good people skills essential. Regular hours Monday – Friday with various shifts available between 8.00am and 6.30pm. Additional hours available for holiday/sickness cover.
- Communicating with the public and practice population in a prompt, polite and appropriate manner, both by face to face contact and by telephone communication.
- Receiving and transporting messages for doctors and team members accurately and efficiently, in accordance with Practice policies.
- Working as part of a team, both within the Reception Team, and as part of the Practice Team in general, participating in Team events and attending Team meetings. Providing cover for sickness/holiday relief if requested (though not expected to be frequently required, there will be times when this will be necessary, when the relief staff are unavailable to cover all absences, this may necessitate covering at the Branch Surgery).
- Providing information about the Practice and Patients in accordance with the Practice Code of Confidentiality.
- Undertaking training as and when considered appropriate.
- Making appointments for clinics and surgeries in accordance with the Practice policies.
- Processing requests for medication in accordance with the Practice policies.
- Receiving and processing requests for home visits.
- Providing information to patients with regard to test results.
- Ensuring that designated clinical area (specific GP's consulting room) has appropriate and sufficient stocks of required stationery.
- Providing assistance if requested by a GP or other clinician.
- Making telephone calls or enquiries as requested by GPs/other clinicians.
- Ensuring that waiting rooms are kept clean and tidy.
- Reporting any technical or material faults observed either to the Reception co-ordinator, Deputy or Practice Manager.
- Ensuring that your working area is kept tidy and free from hazards in accordance with Health and Safety Practice.
For further discussions please contact Becky Symons, Reception Co-ordinator, Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoons
Updated April 2018